Thank you for stopping by and listening to the OCML Podcast! We are a group of promoters, artists, and fans that enjoy local music! This Podcast will help up the up and coming artist get to know the local music scene. You will gain a perspective and knowledge from us the promoters, fellow artists and fans that host this show. It will also help you get a better idea of the local music scene and how it works. If you like what you hear, subscribe using the links provided down below.
A quick Review of the Episode
1. Send over a stage plot, a current photo, and a song/EPK when talking to a promoter. (Usually a promoter will ask for this beforehand.)
2. Share any promotional material given to you as SOON! as you get it. Do not! share it three days/ one week ago.
3. Keep in mind of the guest list. Do not put anyone on that list if they have the ability to buy a ticket. Reserve these for the manager, a photographer, a writer “you want to befriend”, merch guy or a girlfriend. (If your girlfriend doesn’t’ pay to see you… Is she a fan?”) XD
4. Do NOT advertise your set time exclusively. Promote the whole show! as a whole.
5. Connect with the people you know personally, via a phone call, text or chat. This is one of the BEST ways to get people’s attention and connection to attend a show. Social Media can blast the message that you are playing but does not connect personally with anyone.
Remember to subscribe and rate! Use these helpful links down below to subscribe!