5 Ways to Build Your Scene While Playing a Show
1. Get to the show before the first band goes, load in and support their set. You want them to stick around for yours, right?
2. Load out and get back inside the venue to support the other bands. The scene is only as strong as we make it. If you don’t support each other, why would anyone else?
3. Encourage your fans/friends to stay and watch the other bands with you after your set. The other bands brought people to watch you as well. After all, they paid to get in. Get their money’s worth!
4. Mingle with the other bands, become friends, buy merch from touring acts and help the promoter create the fun environment that people want to be a part of. Support starts from within.
5. Stay until the last band is done with their set. We all have day jobs and have to wake up early. This is Rock n Roll, you have to be able to stay up late.
In closing, if all the bands were at the show from beginning to end, it would keep the other people there to watch more of the bands. We are all working our ways up, and we will all get there faster if we work together. Shed the ego at the door and support the other bands in the scene.